The right tool makes life easier when you're trying to cook a great meal. New kitchen gadgets come and go and some stay around for the long haul and some don't. That's why we want to know what is your favorite kitchen utensil!
We've been polling our classes for the past few weeks to find the answer to this very scientific question and everyone was more than happy to answer. So here are the results starting with first place.
1. Spatula- The spatula is one of the most commonly used utensils in American kitchens today. It's also one of the most versatile utensils. You can use a wooden or silicon spatula to scrape any bowl and get into a corner that spoons could never dream of fitting into. You can also use metal spatulas for more delicate tasks such as flipping pancakes or moving the beloved cookie.
2. Measuring Spoons/Cups- When following recipes or baking the perfect cake, measuring spoons are a necessity.
3. Tongs- Oh how I love my tongs. Tongs are the perfect utensil for cooking meats or flipping vegetables, especially when on the grill or in the oven. A good sturdy tong makes all the difference.
4. Mixing bowls- When mixing spices, marinades, or salads a good mixing bowl is a must have in the kitchen. Much like the spatula, they're versatile. I use mine to defrost meat, as a trash bowl, perfect vessel to melt butter (or chocolate), and of course to mix all of your ingredients together.
5. Wooden Spoon- The beloved wooden spoon that has been in the kitchen since the dawn of time. Perfect in every way!
Other utensils that made the list: Cuisinart mixer, whisk, cutting board, bench scraper (especially if you have kids), and garlic press.
Our favorite answer: "We just make Reservations!"
Let us know what are your favorite kitchen utensils. What's the one tool you can't cook without?