If you're looking for a quick and easy flatbread that is the perfect sweet & spicy then this recipe is for you!
Pineapple, Jalapeno & Bacon Flatbread
- 1 batch Quick Pizza Dough
- 5 slices bacon, sliced into ¼ in. pieces
- ½ c. barbeque sauce
- 2 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 chipotle chili, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped + more for garnish
- 2-4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c. fontina cheese, shredded
- ¼ c. crumbled blue cheese
- 4 thick slices fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- Pickled jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Coat a sheet pan with a layer of olive oil. Spread the dough onto the pan. Bake for about 10-15 until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, chipotle chiles, lime juice and cilantro to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Once the pizza dough is ready, spread the chipotle BBQ sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle on 3/4 fourths of the cheeses. Add the bacon, chopped pineapple, and drizzle with sweet chili sauce. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Add the jalapeño slices. Bake the pizza for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is all melty and gooey.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and garnish with fresh cilantro and blue cheese. Slice and serve.
This is perfect for family night or party night!
Let us know about your favorite flatbread!